Being a first-time mom, my baby registry was filled with EVERYTHING. I mean, it’s absurd actually how much stuff was on that registry. And granted, a lot of it was put to great use, but there are only a handful of things that I considered a must-have. These items are based off of my personal opinion alone, but, many other moms recommend these items to me as their must-haves as well. So, enjoy!
- Fisher-Price Auto Rock ‘n Play Sleeper – This rock ‘n play was a LIFE SAVER when it came to getting Lincoln to sleep. As a new mom, I figured my baby would love being swaddled and sleep peacefully in his bassinet. WRONG. Lincoln not only hated being swaddled, but his bassinet was so big, he didn’t feel protected. The auto rock ‘n play is the way to go! You can set timers on it, and it plays a variety of music/sleep sounds! He used this sucker for 3 months!
- SwaddleMe Slumber Buddies Soother – My mother in law bought this for Lincoln about two months ago and I WISH we had it sooner! This sweet little elephant plays 5 different sounds, has 3 timer options and sets a starry scene on the ceiling with light options of red, blue or green (or it will alternate on its own). It’s much better than a mobile (which we never had) and Lincoln loves staring at the lights on the ceiling!
- aden + anais Muslin Swaddle – Lincoln never liked being swaddled, so we didn’t use these sweet blankies as a swaddle. But, they sure did come in handy! Lincoln loved them as a light blankie (he was born in August) and they are super soft and cozy. We also used them to play down on play mats, the rock ‘n play and his swing so in case he were to spit up, we just had to throw the blanket in the washer!
- Dr. Brown’s Bottles – From the get-go, Lincoln and I had trouble with breastfeeding. He started on formula as a supplement the day he was born. Thank goodness for Dr. Brown’s bottles! We truly never had an issue with colic or with him being overly gassy. They do have a lot of parts, but we feel they were totally worth it!
- Boppy Nursing Pillow + Positioner – This nursing pillow was a lifesaver! We brought it with us to the hospital and it was so nice to have as I adjusted to nursing. I used it constantly once he came home from the hospital to help with feedings, and he enjoyed laying on his side on it tucked against my chest. As he grew older, he would lay down on it and drink a bottle, or lay with his belly on it and do a little tummy time! We just put it away when he turned six months!
- Fisher-Price My Little Snugapuppy Cradle ‘n Swing – At first, Lincoln hated this swing. But about a week or two into him being a newborn, it became a backup to our rock ‘n play. He loved swinging in the swing with its side-to-side motion. It plays a variety of songs, the mobile moves and you can set the rocking motion to however fast you want it! He still uses it today – at 9 months and 20 pounds!